CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Carlsbad Caverns

Brod had a week long rotation in Roswell, New Mexico and we got to go with him! They put us up in a really nice hotel and it was such a fun get away. That weekend, we drove down to Carlsbad, New Mexico so we could go through the caverns. It has been something I've ALWAYS wanted to do because of my fascination with caves and when we found out we were moving to New Mexico it was on the top of our 'to do list'. It was seriously one of the neatest things I have ever explored. There were so many times I was just completely overwhelmed with the magnitude of those caverns. They went for miles in every direction. It took us almost 2 hours to descend 800 feet from the Natural Entrance into what they called the Big Room- another 3 miles around to explore. We were able to take the elevator back up that went so fast, you got up to the surface in 30 seconds! They had several guided tours so we took the one called "King's Palace" and when we walked into the "Queen's Chambers" I was awe-struck. Every step throughout the caverns was so juicy because they had it lit up with lights in different places and just to be walking through something that has been in the making since the dinosaur era was just amazing. No pictures would ever do it justice- so just take my word for it- it was mind blowing. We had a blast!!
The day we got to Carlsbad we went to the Living Desert Zoo & Gardens State Park
I loved seeing the bald eagle- the other thing I wish I would've gotten a picture of was a western back rattlesnake. Every time we went up to the window it would rattle it's tail looking right at us- it was HUGE!



CARLSBAD CAVERNS




In front of the Natural Entrance- SO excited to go in!!







Having a snack 800 feet below surface




My darling little cave explorers


They picked out little bats for their treasure to remember the caves
It was an absolute blast and more tha I could have imagined!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Holy cow Jess that is truly amazing!! Your girls are so lucky to have you guys as parents, your always doing the funnest things! They look so cute with their little bats and their cave hats :)
Love you
Emily

Krystal said...

Okay, I am so mad right now! You HAVE ALWAYS LOVED CAVES! I am so glad you got to go! I always heard how amazing they were, but to actually see your pictures and hear your story WAS SO FUN! I cannot even imagine how juicy everything was- the lighting... and especially eating that snack 800 feet below! I ABSOLUTELY loved your pictures and cannot believe what darling little cave explorers you have (ew they look cute!) And of course you look SO PRETTY Jess- it doesn't matter what you are doing, you are just GORGEOUS! Your little family is SO darling and I am SO EXCITED to see you SOON!!! I can't wait! Love you!

Jennifer Payne said...

Oh my gosh, that is your dream and my nightmare! I am so glad you guys had such a fun time though. It did look really juicy and the girls seemed to love it. You all look so fashionable and pretty! Love you so much!

The Atwood Family said...

Wow that looks so cool, especially the little resturant. Now we want to go too.

Rebekah said...

You are always such an adventurer! That looked SO amazing, what an amazing experience! Your girls are the CUTEST little explorers in those hard hats:) that is so juicy that Brodie's work let you all go with him...so SO FUN!
love you,
Rebekah

Felder Funnies said...

Looks like you guys had a blast-- what cute girls! You should be planning #3 right?? Ha!! Such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really great time. I ended up getting some disney stuff for Addison on the Web page, thanks for the idea. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.

The Hill Clan said...

What a fun thing to do!! I'm jealous that you live so close to so many fun things!! We live in podunkville and I have to drive an hour and a half to even get to a target!!! I do like it here though. Your girls really are darling. It is so fun to see how much Audrey looks like you!! She is a doll!! So is Alexia!! I just wished that we lived close enough that our kids could play together and have as much fun as we did!!